Saturday, February 6, 2010

"You just know"

Hello Internet:

So, a little saying that I have been hearing from a lot of girls lately is, "you just know", and what is funny about it- is I did. After being pushed and pushed by someone...I just knew I wasn't meant to be there and be doing what I had been doing.

It's funny how we get so caught up in things, that we almost forget why we didn't want to do them in the first place. For so long I just wanted this one thing in my life that I have felt was missing; I have been wrong. I just realized it had been there all along. I have never had many friends that were girls, but I also neglected the fact, that my best girlfriends were there the whole time. My sisters and my mom. Maybe I'm not the girl that knows every ones business, and not the one that wears pearls around her neck, nor do I feel I need to be drunk to have fun.

I don't know everybody that lives in the city I live in, nor do I want to. I forgot why I had hated my high school years so much and why I was dying to get out of them. I may be speaking for myself, but ultimately I think a lot of people can agree with me. It isn't about HOW many people you know, it's about the people that you DO know. Look at your closest friends- whether it be one, three, or 10. How well do you know them and vice versa. And today, I realized I have the best fucking friends ever.

It may not be who society has built them up to be, but ultimately at the end of the day, they are always there. My rocks, I cry they cry, they hurt I hurt. We are all our own people and we all want different things, but honestly, I got so wrapped up in something I didn't even really want in the first place, I forgot where my home was.

So internet: I leave you with this. Are your friends your friends? Or, do you just like the idea that girls or guys in society are supposed to have 1000 contacts in their phone or always know someone where ever they go.

We shouldn't have to be "chosen" to be someone's friend it should just happen. So don't force yourself into doing something because "society" sees it as "normal" do something because YOU want to...because if you don't do what you want to do...you will not be the person you were meant to be.

-Miss Optimistic

No comments:

Post a Comment