Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Friendly Reminder

Hello Internet:

A double dose today. I felt bad about my last post and just wanted to say, regardless of whatever struggles you have dealt with or gone through- remember you are beautiful and people do really care. People will surprise you.

One of my biggest "flaws", if you will, is opening up to people...and honestly I don't get why. I have fully opened up once and that special boy is no longer in my life, nor do I want him in my life anymore...at all. But I started thinking today, when a friend of mine said "not everyone is out to hurt you". I disagreed at the time, but maybe that's why this friend has stumbled into my life- to guide me back into having faith and trust in people.

We can't have these walls built so high, how are we supposed to live and keep living if we are trapped within our own thick beautiful skin? I challenge you Internet, open up to someone. Someone you care for and trust, someone who is genuine and seems to want to be there for you. I promise you, the few that are reading it right now, I will slowly disassemble my walls. It is time I let love in, it is time I let people care and want to care about me the way I do them. It is time for a change in my life- why not make one in yours?

Internet I am slowly realizing the main objective of this blog is to challenge you. To push you to your limits and show the world what you have been so fearful to reveal. So I leave you with this: what has been stopping you from making your life more enjoyable? If you like/enjoy it, keep it around. Don't let anyone other than yourself tell you what you are or are not capable of.

- Miss Optimistic

No comments:

Post a Comment