Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"A luxury so hard to find"

Hello Internet:

So this song has been played a lot lately, due to a friend and because it is absolutely amazing.

Gone Away- by Safetysuit

"I think about life, and oh how it changes so fast.
And oh how it's so hard to last here waiting for something to give.
I think about time, a LUXURY so hard to find.
And I just can't figure out why I wasted it all here without you.

But I'll be fine, oh don't you worry
Cause I'll be fine, see I'm in a hurry to be gone away awhile.
Tell me all the things that I- I'll be missing here,
In this old life, man cause I just don't know.

I think about you, and all of the times that we shared.
And oh what a wonderful pair, we made it so far- here we go again.
I think about love, and oh what a beautiful song
And oh how it needs to be sung here sing it so loud all the world can here

I think I'll be gone away awhile.
Tell me all the things that I-I'll be missing here in this old life, man cause I just don't know."



First of all, the first verse is so true. Time: what do we know about it. We have 24 hours in a day, however many minutes that is and same with seconds. We know schedules, such as I have a paper due in a week. If we don't have schedules and don't have time we freak out. I didn't know when my writing paper was due and was stressing, until I found out it was due later in March. If we don't know what is going on in a relationship- our minds freak out!

-Maybe he doesn't actually like me?
-Maybe he just needs some ass?
-Maybe this is a bet, a joke, a lesson?

When we don't know the answers to things- our natural tendency is to spaz out! But I ask you this Internet- what are we doing with the spazzing out we all do?


We are wasting this luxury of time. Wasting time to get to know someone else, to move on, to learn, to grow, to experience.

I guess what I'm saying is there aren't enough hours in a day to get all of the things we need to get done, done. But that isn't a bad thing. Handle your time how you want, and next time you don't know the answer to something...just go along with the ride of life. It has a plan for us and you are going where you were meant to be.

<3- Miss Optimistic

No comments:

Post a Comment