Monday, May 3, 2010

Thinking

Dear Internet-

Today I ask you for advice. If you feel you have something worthy of saying- email me:

optimisticvoice@yahoo.com

I told a girl a few weeks ago, don't think about the could have beens, it only brings darkness and pain. I never think about them, because I am grateful for what I have not what I could have had.

But the last few days, all I can do is think about the could have beens. The "what ifs" we surround our lives with. What if this happened instead of that?

And why do we do this to ourselves anyway? Think about what we could have, when we have great things as it is. A good life, good boyfriend, good family, pretty good grades (they would be good to other people), good school, good friends, good pretty much everything. Yet I am sitting here not being able to study for a part of one of my exams tomorrow because I am stuck thinking about the could have beens.

How can we go about ignoring what we don't have? How can we accomplish just appreciating all the beautiful things that we do have? Why worry? Why ponder about the things that you don't have, because if you had them you would deserve them, or maybe it's not time for you to have them? I don't know.

But I ask you Internet, when you think, what do you think about? Why do you think about it? Does it give you joy, sadness, make you reminisce? What is it about these thoughts that take over our minds and make us next to immobile.

It's just one of those days Internet.

...What to do?

-Miss semi-Optimistic

1 comment:

  1. It's like a case of the could-have-been blues. I think about them all the time, but then I remind myself that if things didn't happen the way they did, I may not have met someone new, or learned something. Sorry to be the the overly positive response!

    ReplyDelete