Saturday, January 30, 2010

What Happened to "Treat People the way YOU want to be Treated".

Hello Internet:

I want you to pay attention to this- why is it that people get aggravated when someone is just trying to be nice and help you out? Why has our society become SO STUBBORN that a little bit of advice is so disgusting to taste.

Example. Today a lady that was around me asked a question, and I gave her a polite answer.

What I got in response: two eyes being rolled, an aggressive grab at the arms of her purse pulled over her shoulder, with a turned cold back. Where in our culture has it been taught that that is A. polite, B. attractive, and C. respectful. All I was trying to do is help her figure out what she wanted to know, but I guess she was too good to hear what I had to say.

THAT'S another thing....I just recently came into a new community, new people, and new surroundings. Why is it girls naturally just think they are better than others? Who gave them that special crown that invisibly sits on their head that says I need to bow down to them. I bow down to no one but myself, and don't expect anyone else to in return.

Where did this hierarchy get created where people are just "naturally" better than other people. It is more common with girls, which irritates me, but what can I do?

I think people should really start thinking about how they "unintentionally" treat others- because I can guarantee if one of these high maintenance girls that seem to "rule the world" were treated the way they treat people they wouldn't take one minute of it; yet they expect others to.

People can really be horrible sometimes, but deep down, I think they just weren't taught right.

Anyway I leave you with this to ponder Internet: Do you always treat people the way you want to be treated? If not- why? What is different about them that they should be treated any less than you; and or flip that around- what is so special about you that you deserve to be treated better?

-Miss Optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment