Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Take Me Back

Hello Internet-

For a while, I haven't thought about my real beliefs. The Secret, by Rhonda Byrne, that so greatly lead my life in optimism had slowly been slipping out of my mind. I thought about an old friend about a week ago, a friend who introduced this book to me. His recommendation changed my life for the better, and I will be ever grateful to this man, however, the next day after he crossed my mind he called me. It was The Secret working it's magic- there is no explanation. I haven't talked to this old friend in 6 months, and randomly after I think about him he calls me? Coincidence- I think not... I asked for it.

Lately, these "coincidences" have been happening a lot, or at least I am noticing them more often. All we have to do is think positively and put that out into the universe, and sure enough- it'll come back. Life has been a struggle lately- or so it seems. The constant arguments, the feeling that I'm lost, dealing with issues I have hidden so deep, etc. it seems as though fate has been messing with me. Taking a step back, I realize I was letting myself drown in that "pool of negativity" I was talking about, and how is that a good way to live?

I called my mom after talking to my friend crying- telling her I hated where I was. It was so depressing and cold and every negative word in the book..that's not going to make it any better. She said, "Maybe that's why you went there, to figure out how to create your own happiness." We wait for happiness to be created for us, or for things to happen that make us happier, but why is it so hard for us to just be happy with what is there in front of us.

For me, I don't know about you Internet- but it's hard to create my own happiness when everything that surrounds me doesn't make me feel better. So...how does one create their own happiness? Well, I created it by finally coming home. Being with my dog, on my own, time to myself, and relaxing I have become closer to who I was before I went back to school. We need to come to terms with ourselves- and who we are, not what we want to be. The only way to do that...is to ask for what we want, use the secret to our advantage :).

-Miss Optimistic

No comments:

Post a Comment