Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"Just Relax...That's Usually The Easiest Part!"

Hello Internet-

So, today I went with my mom to get my nails done. As she's filling my nails, the woman says, "Just relax your hands! That's usually the easiest part..." and then kinda laughed. After she told me this, I started thinking....I went to yoga last night with my mom and I couldn't do it with my eyes closed. And I was wondering, how all of them could. Is it possible that I have been raised to not ever really be able to relax? Of course I can though, I relaxed for 5 weeks in another country...by doing things.

Why couldn't I just relax? And then I got scared...what if, I'm similar to my dad, and I just can't relax. We all need to relax...because how can we get through the days without relaxing? We need a little time to ourselves to just calm down and remember it's all good. That regardless of everything we do every day, we are tsill here, and we are still very lucky for where we are, what we have, and the home we live in.

Maybe I can relax...it's just harder to relax when I am not 100% on my own. When I am by myself I can read and relax and take time to myself, but when other people are around- I constantly feel like I need to be watching and observing. Do you feel this way ever Internet?? That you just need to keep your eyes open for anything? That something may happen, and you'll miss it.

It's a shame we have come to that, but I feel I can relax better the more I observe. I challenge you Internet- to take time for yourself every day. Whether it's before you go to bed or when you get up. Just 5 minutes is all you need and just relax...I promise you it will be well worth it.

-Miss Optimistic

No comments:

Post a Comment