Friday, May 20, 2011

Detox.

Hello Internet-

So as we know after a change in our lives, the best thing to do is go through and clean out the clutter in our lives. Since my parents are currently going through a divorce, as this seems to be the trend lately, my mom has decided to go through EVERYTHING and get rid of what she doesn't want around the house anymore. She also decided to repaint almost every room in the house- well that's my summer job actually. The first room I have to paint...is mine. So, before Monday when I actually start working, I have to go through everything in all of my room get rid of what I don't want, keep what I do, and then put it all somewhere.

Although I must say this could not have been better timing. After getting some space of myself, I don't know what I would be doing other than sitting in my room all day thinking. It's funny, because as I go through all my clothes, books, jewelry, all of my belongings, and split them into keep or don't keep piles, I start thinking about what's really important. We tend to hoard and hold onto things that are markers in our lives, but the tighter and longer we hold on to them, the less we even remember about it. I've decided I'm going to let the memories speak for themselves, and the ones that matter will carry with me forever, and the ones that don't weren't meant to last.

Especially with the world apparently ending soon, why clutter a life that is meant to be so simple?

Think about it..

-Miss Optimistic

No comments:

Post a Comment