Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Change is always around the corner.

Hello Internet-

As my journey winds to an end, there have been some things that have been a common topic of conversation. The main one: Change. Now, I have written about change before in this blog, whether you follow me or not you already know, but I found a quote that may help explain why and what I mean by accept change.

“It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” - Charles Darwin

Now, I doubt Darwin was straight up talking about humans here...but he's got a point. I mean if you think about it- Darwinism is the reason, or could be the reason, why we are all here...because our ancestors at one point were able to survive through the changes that were occurring. Why are we so afraid of change? I have yet to understand, becuase the greatest moments in my life have been when I have embraced change.

Change: U.S. to Ecuador for 5 weeks. Not only was I embracing change, but the experienced CHANGED ME. Once something changes you, wouldn't you want something different anyway? People like their schedules and they like knowing what's coming next- but honestly where is that fun. There is no adventure and there isn't that antsy feeling. One thing we really do need to accept is change is coming. Our world is changing. From natural disasters coming from every direction, to massive amounts of animals dying, and finally to freak weather that we can't explain. Ex. it's December in one of the most snowiest cities in America- and it's been in the 60s. Something is wrong with that.

Our species is meant to adapt, all species are really meant to adapt. We've adapted our whole lives, so why is it that when we are older, we try to stop it? Realize what changes have occurred in you, and try to initiate change elsewhere...that's the best way I've come to embrace change...by giving it to someone else.

-Miss Optimistic

No comments:

Post a Comment