Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Things You Find...

Hello Internet-

So, now that life has calmed down quite a bit...I went through all the picture quotes I have saved to tell you all about. In between studying or whatever I am doing, I always stumble...worst procrastination invention ever. BUT! I always come across these great things that help me through my days, and now I get to share them with you :)

Not sure when I found this one, but that's irrelevant. I found it again today.

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." - Emerson.

Not only do Emerson's words continue to resonate in my head after reading it, but his words are beyond truthful. So many times do I let what happened the day before, or even the hour before ruin my day. I continue to think about what I could have done or should have done to change the situation, or I just think about the situation in general. We let our old nonsense haunt us in a way that we can't just let ourselves live life and enjoy it.

Enjoy each day, hour, minute, or second. We have more to come to make up for the crappy ones that come our way.

-Miss Optimistic

No comments:

Post a Comment